Two Subs

cashlessbond

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there guys a bit of advise please. Is it possible to hook up two subs to my amp? I remember reading in a Home cinema mag that if you hook up two subs to your amp it will give your system a more solid and controled bass, is this correct? and how do you hook it up if you only have one socket? I have a Denon AVR-3802, cheers

You need to buy a Y connector so that the one outlet from your amp can connect to two sub cables.

It isn't always easy to position two subs satisfactorily but a few here have done it successfully but another alternative may be to sell your existing sub and buy a more modern and more powerful single sub.

Ian J said:
another alternative may be to sell your existing sub and buy a more modern and more powerful single sub.

I tussled with this dilemma a couple of years ago when undecided wether to go for 2 x Rel Strata or I x Rel Stadium.
I rang Rel technical for advice and they felt that without question the single more powerful sub was the best option. Even though they would have got more of my cash if i'd gone the 2 sub route.

The rule generally is that if you're happy with how your current sub performs then adding an additional one will provide real benefits if it's set up properly as you can tune the system to your taste with far more flexibility and reduced distortion.

If you're really just after a performance upgrade then it's easier just to get a better model.

It's a fine balance between more of the same and just having more. :)

eviljohn2 said:
The rule generally is that if you're happy with how your current sub performs then adding an additional one will provide real benefits if it's set up properly as you can tune the system to your taste with far more flexibility and reduced distortion.

If you're really just after a performance upgrade then it's easier just to get a better model.

It's a fine balance between more of the same and just having more. :)
I am happy with my sub, that is why I thought it would be a good to add another, read it in a Mag better overall control etc, but when you say setup properly what does this involve?

hi guys,

i also have a question, i have a yamaha rx receiver, i connected my front l and r speakers to my subwoofer and the sub woofer to the receiver's mains. then recently i bought a bigger sub, what i did was to directly connect the sub to the receiver's lfe. the result sounded good on both music and movies, question? with what i did, will it damage my receiver using such a connection. i did it because dont want to just put away my old subwoofer (but much smaller than the new one).

hope i get some comments. thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom