Two Street Photos

Paranormalist

Distinguished Member
Two different photos of the same subject - a discarded beer bottle I saw down the other end of an entry. Contrast and saturation boosted in both. Selective colouring which I used on the second. Ever since I saw a photo of a blue Subaru Impreza rally car against a B+W background I was a fan of selective colouring and wanted to know how it was done...
Please click on the smaller photo to see it larger.

C&C welcome..

ukbootlegs

i'm also a fan of selective colouring

but for me it doesnt work

it has that "photoshop" feel to it. i mean the colouring is obvious and therefore to me, appears to be sharp and fake.

it doesn't make me think, wow.

Paranormalist

Distinguished Member
ukbootlegs, there's one thing you said that got me thinking - "the colouring is obvious."

Isn't selective colouring meant to emphasise the object? :confused:
If the subject is similar in colour to the background then selective colouring doesn't really work.

ukbootlegs

I know what you mean and I didn't quite know how to put it across.

However, I mean the colour just look sharp against the b&w colours. Maybe if they were dulled down slightly it would appeal to me more.

Remember, I am not saying it's pants or wrong, it's just my personal opinion.

I like some artists that others may hate :)

Paranormalist

Distinguished Member
I know what you mean and I didn't quite know how to put it across.

However, I mean the colour just look sharp against the b&w colours. Maybe if they were dulled down slightly it would appeal to me more.

Remember, I am not saying it's pants or wrong, it's just my personal opinion.

I like some artists that others may hate :)

I'll be sure to give dulled down a go in the future just to see the difference.

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom