Question Two soundbar questions

muljao

Hi all. I'm looking to put a tv in my kitchen (living room part of kitchen). I want a really tidy setup. I listen to a lot of radio and don't want to have to stream.

Is there any decent soundbars with fm radio built in? I don't want to spend loads, thinking 350 Pounds. Can I use a soundbar from the corner of a room reasonably successful (ie mounted in the corner facing into the room at an angle of approx 30degrees)? Thanks

Edgie70

I know the yas 306 has internet radio built in , I listen to a lot of American rock channels , can get a yas 306 for about £250 on line

muljao

Thanks, I mean an fm radio, I don't want to stream or faff with internet

bernado

If FM radio in the bar is a must I imagine you'll be stuck with dodgy Billy no brand options but I think you'd be better off getting something like that Yamaha mentioned above and buying a separate half decent FM radio with the rest of your budget.

I know you said you don't want to mess around streaming but there's always the option of getting something like a Sonos Beam and saying 'Alexa play blah blah blah' which to me is less faff in a kitchen than adjusting an FM radio with greasy fingers (no offense!).

I appreciate some folks don't like the idea of the whole listening in thing though.

muljao

I know the yas 306 has internet radio built in , I listen to a lot of American rock channels , can get a yas 306 for about £250 on line
If FM radio in the bar is a must I imagine you'll be stuck with dodgy Billy no brand options but I think you'd be better off getting something like that Yamaha mentioned above and buying a separate half decent FM radio with the rest of your budget.

I know you said you don't want to mess around streaming but there's always the option of getting something like a Sonos Beam and saying 'Alexa play blah blah blah' which to me is less faff in a kitchen than adjusting an FM radio with greasy fingers (no offense!).

I appreciate some folks don't like the idea of the whole listening in thing though.
It's not so much budget, I have a tuner I can use. I just want it tidy and with a normal fm no internet radio. I'll likely just use a receiver and speakers, the soundbar with radio was just a thought

keithwiggins

It's not so much budget, I have a tuner I can use. I just want it tidy and with a normal fm no internet radio. I'll likely just use a receiver and speakers, the soundbar with radio was just a thought
you can easily connect something like a echo dot or chromecast to most bars these days either through bluetooth or wired via a 3.5mm lead, then you can simply tell the dot etc what you want to listen to. i mention these choices as you are not then limiting yourself to a very narrow band of soundbars also fm reception can of course be patchy.

muljao

Thanks all for your help. I'm probably the only one on here that still would like a normal radio, most of the suggestions point at streaming one way or another and I just don't want that type of setup for this particular one. Thanks again.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom