• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Two Sky contracts in same house

baggy89

Standard Member
I have just started renting a house from a relative who lives overseas. They have a Sky contract and have their box and card abroad. I also have Sky (multiroom) and also have my broadband and phone line with them. I haven't started renting my place yet so it is still live there. The reason I haven't moved it is in-case Sky flag up there is an existing contract there and cancel that one leaving my relative abroad with no sky.
So what I'm asking is are Sky likely to care that there is two contracts "live" in the house, will they ask questions or are they likely to switch one off?

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
If there is extra money, to Sky, involved there should be no problem.

The house was converted into two flats, wasn't it?

baggy89

Standard Member
If there is extra money, to Sky, involved there should be no problem.

The house was converted into two flats, wasn't it?

This was what I hoped to start with.

They will see an active account already at that address and wont allow two to be running from it.

Although I thought this was probably the case to stop people doing exactly what I was going to be doing.

Cheers!

Would have been too easy, now to come up with a solution.

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
Cant you add multiroom to your relatives account and pay them rather than sky.

Pray tell how both boxes are going to be connected to the same phone line - an extremely long phone extension cable perhaps?

Miss Chief

Distinguished Member
But then if they're happy to pay for two separate subscriptions, then just setup the multiroom and pay twice? Only problem I can see is if they want different subscription packages.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom