Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Two RGB outputs on SKY+

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Thenewhouse, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Thenewhouse

Thenewhouse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Because I wish to use digital audio from my Tosh to the TV (disablling RGB pass-through), enjoy RGB quality while watching SKY and record in RGB quality from SKY, I need two RGB outputs from my SKY+ box.

As AV1 is the only RGB enabled connection on the Sky+ box I searched the web to find a splitter/amplifier with at least two outputs.

I came across the following bargain and thought I would pass on to all - The Famous ThreeDoubleYou Company is selling the “Two way SCART Splitter/Amplifier” for £30 and it comes with a free Flat SCART lead.

http://www.electrashop.co.uk/distribution.htm

I have ordered mine and will post the results.

2. Thenewhouse

Thenewhouse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All
    RGB distribution amp arrived today, as promised complete with a very impressive flat corded SCART lead.

Plugged the input of the unit into AVI on the Sky+ box and the two outputs into the Tosh and TV.

Tried a swapping around SCART connections to see if there was any detectable signal loss or interference - none as I could see.

All in all a successful project at a bargain price...

So, if anyone is short of the odd RGB enabled SCART connection I can recommend this unit as an effective work around.