1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two Quick Questions

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Billyfergus, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Billyfergus

Billyfergus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1. Sure it is on the long LG thread somewhere, but can somone tell me the way to access the service menu (PX11)

2. I know all about transportation only in the vertical position but if your method of transport cannot do this would it be advisable to trasport in a "tilted" method i.e. at 45 deg.
    If it is possible then what way? with the grass tilted forward or backwards?

2. absthechatter

absthechatter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    1. Press menu button on remote and keep pressed, then press menu button on screen at same time and keep pressed. After about 5 seconds or so, the service menu should appear. Use yellow button on remote to scroll through screens.

2. It is possible to have at angle, just not advisable in case glass breaks - but if securely fixed I do not think it will be too much of a problem....... unless anyone else knows different???

Abs

3. fitguy

fitguy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I think we came to the conclusion the reason panels should be transported vertically is so nothing gets loaded on top of them (theres a cracking (!!) picture on here of a destroyed viera that had stuff loaded on top of it somewhere).

Personally I would have it glass up, only so there is absolutely no pressure on the glass which will flex and possibly damage some of the internal parts.