1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two Problems of Barco C7LT

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by 3dhunter, Aug 2, 2004.

1. 3dhunter

3dhunter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :confused:

I have upgraded my projector to Barco C7LT two monthes ago, and I enjoy with the new projector : nature color - so cinema-like, but I found there are two problems with it :
    1. The upper area(about 2 inches) image is a little dim than the other area. When I looked into the tubes, I found the line space between the first about ten scan lines of the image on all of the 3 tubes are much bigger than the others. I projected the rectangle grid on the screen, I found the first line and the last line of rectangle block is higher than the rest. And this can not be corrected by the V-Linearity function, because the V-Linearity function can only adjust the scale of the upper and below half part of image, it can not adjust the scale of the upper half part or below half part discretely. Is there something mis-adjustment with the projector when it be made? How can I fix the problem? Is there something I can adjust in the electrocircuit?
    2. There are there r.g.b scan lines above the screen, they can not be eliminated. I found that the problem cause by 16:9 mode, because when you set up the projector to 16:9 mode , you must compress the vertical size to fit in, but when you compress the v-size, you are dragging the three invisible ABL scan lines into the visible scan area. If you want to eliminat the scan lines, you have to move the image to the upper area of the tube, not the center. But I don't like! Is there any way to eliminate the scan lines, but not to uncenter image in the tube?

my installation : Front / Ceiling
    project aspect ratio : 16:9
    project resolution : 1280x720p
    input : RGB (HTPC, ELSA ATI9600Pro)
    media player : Zoomplayer 4 WMV + ffdshow + WinDVD decoder

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I'm afraid the issues you describe are characteristics rather than actual faults.
    you will get rid of the darker area by blanking the image. Barco did upgrade the two big blue capacitors on the horizontal scan board to reduce the effect but all 7LT's will have these fitted.

For the ABL lines to be visable on screen you must have your projector tilted down quite a lot. I suspect you either have a high ceiling (or low screen) or screen about 6ft wide but with the projector on an 8ft ceiling.

3. 3dhunter

3dhunter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply.

If this is the characteristic of Barco C7LT, then I have to accept. I don't like to use 'blanking' function , because of losing image information. Is there any way else, like : upgrade the two capacitors with much bigger ones?

I installed the Barco C7LT in the exact dimension according to the Barco LEN Program : SW = 203.7cm, SH = 114.6, PD = 276CM, A=-15.2CM.

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Runco fit bigger capacitors to the 733 but they bend the circuit board (I think dangerously) to the point where the cover has to be forced closed!!!

Most dispalay manufactuers would recon on 5-7% overscan.

To get rid your ABL lines you will have to use the raster shift (in the installation menu)

5. 3dhunter

3dhunter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Roland, thanks again for your kindly help. :thumbsup:

Ps. I know that the only difference between C7 and C7LT is the firmware, so does this mean that I can replace the C7LT’s firmware with C7’s to get 1080p support? :p