• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Two Panasonic TV's in the same room - remote issues

skyshadow5

Novice Member
Apologies if this has been asked before and and if it has please point me there.

I have two new Panasonic TV's in my lounge, one for family TV, one for me for gaming.
I really should have bought a different make when getting my new gaming TV today because we now have the issue of either remote from either telly controlling both of them which is obviously not desirable. Is there any way around this problem?

Clive

NickInWiltshire

Prominent Member
Apologies if this has been asked before and and if it has please point me there.

I have two new Panasonic TV's in my lounge, one for family TV, one for me for gaming.
I really should have bought a different make when getting my new gaming TV today because we now have the issue of either remote from either telly controlling both of them which is obviously not desirable. Is there any way around this problem?

Clive
Some Panasonic equipment allows you to change the "remote control code" so they ignore each other's remote control. You would need to look in the manual for each set to find out if that is possible in your case.

skyshadow5

Novice Member
Had a look in the manuals, nothing in either :( ; the two TV's are:

TX-L50B6B and a TX-L47ET60B

Any chance that someone has a link to somewhere on the internet that can provide this info?

JAYGAR

Established Member
The easiest way is to switch the gaming tv on and off with the switch on the tv and cover up the ir sensor with a little piece of black tape.

MAX1210

Prominent Member
I wish there was a way :( - with 20-odd Panasonic TV's on the shop floor, it's so so easy to control 4 or 5 TV's at a time when you're doing a demo - "oops sorry madam for accidentally putting that TV onto the adult channel" :rotfl:

xs2man

Established Member
Cover the IR sensor on your gaming TV, and control it with the panasonic phone / tablet app?

skyshadow5

Novice Member
Thanks for the replies guys, cover the sensor it is then.
The sensor on the gaming TV (TX-L47ET60B) is a bitch to cover though; three little lights/sensors contained in the clear plastic extension piece on the bottom of the TV makes it awkward to deal with, oh well.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom