1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two iPods, one computer

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by jesushairdresse, Aug 19, 2005.

Tags:
  1. jesushairdresse

jesushairdresse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've got one 15gb iPod already linked with my computer. I now want to have an iPod Mini linked up too, but iTunes can't see it. I've reinstalled iTunes, but still no luck. Can anyone help?

Thanks
    Nick

2. jesushairdresse

jesushairdresse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Incidentally, I'm using a PC with Windows XP...

3. lukey

lukey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    in windows xp, create a new windows account user, then use that user account to open itunes and assign your new ipod to it. If you want to share the same music, then in the advanced preferences menu in it tunes, link the new ipod to the place where you music is stored. well thats one suggestion.

4. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    I use three ipods with one windows account as I'm the only one that does the downloading to the pods. I have a ipod mini, 60gb photo and a normal 60gb. You've just got to make sure the ipod software is up to date and in sync with what your itunes requires.

The normal older 60gb ipod does give me some grief some times and I have to mess around in the device manager to get it recognised.

5. jesushairdresse

jesushairdresse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The message I get is that the software isn't up to date and that I should re-install iTunes. I do, but get the same message (this is only on the Mini, my 15gb one is fine). I've not yet managed to get iTunes to see the Mini, even though the computer recognises it.

I'm using a USB 1.1 (don't ask), which is fine with my 15gb, if a little slow, but could that be a problem?

Lost all my bl**dy play counts etc by re-installing too :/

6. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    So you've downloaded the latest version of Itunes from the apple site, Installed that then run the ipod updater ?

Be surprised if the reason was usb1.1

7. jesushairdresse

jesushairdresse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, shouldn't have thought it was that.

Gah, perhaps I've not run the iPod updater... seems obvious now, but it wasn't ever flagged up. Looking at that page now, doesn't ring a bell but it certainly looks like it could help. Will try.

She'd better appreciate this...

Thanks for your help.