1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

two into one? is this possible? please help

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by chippy1, May 5, 2005.

1. chippy1

chippy1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,
    recently purchased an alpine 7521 head unit without face plate. i have already got an alpine 7515 head unit which in appearances is the same stereo.
    i wanted to take the face plate from the 7515 on use it on the 7521. (as the rear amp on the 7515 is blown)

after installation a burning smell followed by a small stream of smoke appeared whilst power was on?! really need some help with this because im sure the two must work together? is there something i can try? is it that i have used the 7515 connector block into the back of the 7521? the pin connector no.s are the same so im not sure that this can be the problem.

any suggestions will be much appreciated, and an answer would be even better!

thanks for reading

chippy

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    It's almost certain that the face form the 7515 is incompatible with the unit to which you attached it. I suspect you may have caused a serious malfunction which is referred to as Donald Ducked.

3. chippy1

chippy1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello again, ...............no head unit still works, power supply runs without burning but when in use it slowly starts to smell of smoke, but youre probably right it will be donald if i continue to try it!

thanks for reasuring me its no use wasting my time. i have now resorted to having half a working stereo..... best save those pennys.

chippy

4. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301