Two Hard Bikers

Andy C 47

Established Member
Reaction score
I had to be very, very discreet getting this shot. Taken at a meeting place on Plymouth barbican for an infamous motorcycle club. I pretended to be a tourist taking a shot of the boats & when they weren't looking, I caught them.

You don't argue with guys like this :laugh:

two_hard_men_a by Andy m C, on Flickr

Nikon D300
1/2500 sec
f/4.5
85mm

Desaturised heavily & toned to give the shot a more gritty feel to suit the subjects.
Sharpened & resized for the competition.

Heh, brave you. It's a good shot though, and yet another view of people and how different we all are.

Like the shot,but again not sure about the pp :)

I agree, it's a great candid but I personally prefer to see stuff a bit more 'natural' and straight from the camera - I'm not really a fan of processing images

That's just my personal view and I'm probably in the minority :)

Great capture though, I do like it :smashin:

:eek: Those two pussies! :rolleyes: I was in need of a fag and a drink before I went into my flower arranging class this morning and mugged these 2! ... childsplay! :rolleyes:

:D

Love the subject/relationship, but not sure about the processing! :)

Well done - not sure about the processing either - also looks a little soft to me but understandable as you may well have been running away at the time ;)

also looks a little soft to me

What do you mean by that, Jim? That it's not in utterly perfect focus?
Does it say in the rules of the competition, that entries have to be lazer sharp in focus? ;)

I like the processing, too, btw. Sometimes it feels, the more you try, the less it's liked ;) But hey! :clap:

What do you mean by that, Jim? That it's not in utterly perfect focus?
Does it say in the rules of the competition, that entries have to be lazer sharp in focus?
;)

I like the processing, too, btw. Sometimes it feels, the more you try, the less it's liked ;) But hey! :clap:

Well Miranda I'm not sure - it could either be slightly OOF or be a little motion blur I guess (doubtfull a 1/2500th sec mind you) - and no of course it doesn't ("rules") and I wasn't implying otherwise I simply commented as for me it was noticeable enough to spoil the shot a little for me :)

...and before anyone mentions it - yes I know that my entry is not perfectly (understatement) sharp either ;)

Jim

The shot's nice, still in two minds about the processing though. The guy on the left though... ****... looks like he has a crater for a belly button under that vest top lol.

KH

The processing is possibly the only weak point in the shot,and as Jim as said the OOF does it no justice ,as the the PP looks like the aged affect and that in itself as a softness to it......maybe a high contrast mono woukld have more impact,only my opinion but still a couple of good subjects and not to forget ....bang on theme for the comp.:smashin:

"Oi. Fat boy. Pull yer gut in I'm trying to take a photo here.."

I think that's a much better title. :laugh:

I like this. Not sure why. Not a fan of the instagram look normally but here I think it does add to the shot, though I think maybe just a slight desaturation might have achieved the same effect. There not pretty guys, it's not a pretty picture. And I don't want it to look any different.. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom