Two Great US Shows Return!

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

FX are bringing back two belter US shows, from Monday 16th February, for UK viewers, that everyone should watch or record.

At 11am and 3pm each weekday, "TOUR OF DUTY", the awesome, powerful and deeply harrowing Vietnam War drama from the late 1980's gets a much wanted and desired repeat run of all 3 seasons (totalling 58 episodes), complete with ALL of the original music and theme tune intact (Paint It Black by The Rolling Stones) that was ripped out of the US DVD releases! :clap: Watch the show uncut and untainted as it was meant to be seen, and see an excellent show that made a generation wince.

One note of warning, though: the Pilot Episode is only being shown once, on Monday at 11am. Episodes are then shown at 3pm, and repeated the following weekday morning at 11am. So the schedule for the first few days looks like this:

Monday - 11am (Pilot Episode)
Monday - 3pm (Episode 2)

Tuesday - 11am (Episode 2 rpt)
Tuesday - 3pm (Episode 3)

Wednesday - 11am (Episode 3 rpt)
Wednesday 3pm (Episode 4)

... and so on, and so forth. :)

At Noon and 5pm each weekday, plus at various times on Saturdays and Sundays also, "CHEERS" gets a complete repeat run, albeit for the first time on FX, starting with the first two episodes from Season 1, when Diane Chambers (Shelley Long) arrives in Boston, enters "Cheers" and meets the head barman Sam Malone (Ted Danson).

Due to the sheer length of the entire series, episodes are only being shown once, and if you want to see every single episode, you will need to also keep an eye out at daytimes on the weekend too, where episodes will also be shown at varioius times! :lesson:

Pooch

Last edited:
That would be great news on our of Duty if I had FX :mad:

I LOVED Tour of Duty when it was on late night ITV :thumbsup:

Definately one for the planner!

For years the rolling stones were just "that band that did the Tour of Duty theme" to me :rotfl:

This is great news, well done FX. Wonder if it will be as good as I remember it though :rolleyes:

Hi,

Wonder if it will be as good as I remember it though :rolleyes:

The first 2 seasons are still great today! :) However, Season 3 is quite weak in comparison, and the ending of the whole saga is a little on the naff side. :( However, it's still nice to be able to record and view the show in its original, untainted format, in comparison to the ruined US DVD release.

Pooch

Well done Pooch, you've finally contributed to the forums.

:D

Honestly, brilliant news, thanks for posting :smashin:

I loved Tour Of Duty back in the day. It was one of the first 'mature' TV shows I got into. :smashin:

Tour of Guty is worth a rewatch so is Cheers one of my fav comedies.

Thanks for that :smashin:

Just noticed that Cheers is on now on FX and hadn't noticed this thread. Looks like they're showing four episodes a day in pairs. :clap:
This doesn't half bring memories back of Friday nights on channel 4 as a kid. It was the first US sitcom I got into and still one of my favourites. Haven't watched any episodes for a few years so am chuffed to get to watch it again from the start. ANOTHER show on series link though, the bloody planner is filling up fast!

Hey thanks for that info PoochJD, I use to love Tour of Duty (was only talking about it the other week!)
Have missed the early pilot episode but have set up planner to catch the other episodes. Thanks :thumbsup:

They showed Cheers up to the end of s3 but have now gone back to the beginning. :(
Are we going to have to wait for another run through the first 3 seasons before we get s4 and onwards?

Hi Nik,

Quite possibly, I'm afraid. :( I'm sorry this is not the news you wanted, but with "Cheers" running for about 12 years, if my memory serves, it usually means that FX break such lengthy shows into mini-sets of years, e.g. Years 1-3, then repeat them, Years 4-6, then repeats, and so on, and so forth. A pain, I know, but it may also be down to other issues, e.g. rights issues, e.g. FX may only have the rights to air Seasons 1-3 for X amount of time, or can only show Seasons 1-3 at the moment.

There may also be the issue of ratings figures too. :)

Pooch

Thanks Pooch, I just hope they don't suddenly start s4 at a random time and do actually go through 1-3 so we know where they're at.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom