Two copies of downloads, why and how to get rid?

Discussion in 'iPhone Forum' started by The Dark Horse, Dec 31, 2011.

Tags:
  1. The Dark Horse

The Dark Horse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +820
    Hi all

For some reason certain songs or videos I download from iTunes appear twice on my iPhone? I just downloaded todays freebie from the '12 Days of Xmas', which was a music video and two copies of that are showing as well.

Any ideas why it's doing this and how do I stop it or delete the other copy? The display duplicates option on iTunes doesn't show two copies and when I look on iTunes there is only one version showing but two copies on my iPhone, weird.

2. Flashy

Flashy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,023
    Are you sure it's actually showing the same thing twice? Today's freebie from 12 Days is a song and a video, so there should be two things.

Similarly, the Coldplay one a few days ago was three songs and three videos, with names being the same, so they appeared to be duplicates.

3. The Dark Horse

The Dark Horse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +820
    Yep definitely two copies, seems to be the videos though. I have now figured out how to delete them, just swipe the song or video and the option to delete appears