Two consoles into TX-SR393

stephenmthompson

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I have my PS4 connected to GAME, but have no use for BD/DVD input, which I have tried to use for the xBox360, but to no success. The input is set to HDMI1, the xBox360 works on the GAME input, but not the BD/DVD input.

Am I doing something wrong, or can I only have one console connected to the TX-SR393 via HDMI?

Thank you

There should be no difference between the HDMI inputs despite their different labels. THe 2 inputs are basically the same apart from their label and their source assignments. The same goes for all 4 of the AV receiver's HDMI inputs.

Games consoles do not have to be connected to the input labelled "GAME".

There should be no difference between the HDMI inputs despite their different labels. THe 2 inputs are basically the same apart from their label and their source assignments. The same goes for all 4 of the AV receiver's HDMI inputs.

Games consoles do not have to be connected to the input labelled "GAME".
Thanks Dante, I thought that would be the case so I’m surprised the Xbox doesn’t work through the BD/DVD input but DOES work through the GAME input. Not sure what I’m doing wrong here. Is it something I have set up incorrectly, or not set up at all?

Have you tried the console via any of the other inputs? What about simply swopping whatever you've got connected to the GAME input to the BD input leaving the GAME input free for you to connect the XBox to?

Have you tried the console via any of the other inputs? What about simply swopping whatever you've got connected to the GAME input to the BD input leaving the GAME input free for you to connect the XBox to?
Thank you Dante. Your comments prompted to my try something different, and I have worked out it was a dodgy (tempramental) HDMI cable that was throwing me off. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Swapped it out and all good now. Thank you again, much appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom