Two coaxial connected devices on one input

sam1421

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

The question is not about home theater, but I couldn't find a better forum to ask it.

I bought a Blu-ray player to my sister for christmas. She has an old CRT tv but plans to buy a new one soon (so, LCD with HDMI, etc.). But for now, she can't use her Blu-ray player, because her TV has only ONE input, which is a coaxial input.

What I would like to do is : connect both her cable receiver and blu-ray into her tv, a little like we used to do with our NES and cable receiver back in the days (power on the NES, go to channel 3, magic!).

What should I buy to achieve this? I searched for cables who would do this but didn't find anything...

Thank you!

Just checking before reply but by one input you mean one co-ax connector AS WELL AS an aerial socket? I assume it's a RCA (phono) style socket, probably yellow?

What outputs does the BluRay have ?

What make and model of TV and BluRay ?

Though I suspect that you may be better just getting a new TV rather than spending money on adapters which will be no use once you do get a new TV

Okay it looks like she has a TV with just an antenna input though unusually a F-Socket rather than the standard UHF aerial socket. Out of interest is it an overseas TV rather than UK one?

If she has a VHS video or set top box or something like that connecting into this socket at the moment have a look on that box for a scart socket labelled AV in or something like that. She could then I suppose connect via that way but seriously I wouldn't bother.

The best temporary idea I suggest would be to check to see if you have a freecycle group in the area. I'd imagine there is a good selection of much newer, multi input socketed CRT TV's looking for a home rather than being skipped. Get one of those for free until she can splash out on a new flat panel.

Last edited:
Thanks for the answers. I think it is a Canadian or US TV, but it's been given to my sister by the previous owner of her appartment. I asked for pictures of her two devices (blu-ray and cable decoder) and both don't have any inputs.

I guess I would be better off just buying a new TV, but do you know of something who could take multiple component inputs and connect it to a TV via coaxial? By component I mean the cables that have red, white and yellow connectors.

Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom