1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two Camcorder Problems: One is Canon ES90A Other is Sony Handcam CCD-F70

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Goku100186, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Goku100186

Goku100186

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just purchased two Camcorders off ebay one is a Canon ES90A and the other is a Sony Handycam CCD-F70.

Problems

Canon ES90:
    Tape Used:Hi8
    It records fine but when I playback the film it only shows the video when its either paused or when it's rewinding or fastforwarding and when I push play it shows the video for a second then goes black.

Sony Handycam CCD-F70
    Tape Used: VHS because the tape deck doesnt open so I rigged it to be recorded on my vcr.
    This is a weird problem it records fine but after about 5 minutes it stops and the viewfinder goes white and I have to un-plug the power to it or when I try to switch it off on the camcorder it shows a white screen or when I switch it to vcr it shows a white screen or when I put it on standby it goes to a white screen I think It has something to do with the power but I'm not sure.

Well this seems like a lot to ask for, but any help would be greatly appreciated any help at all thank you

Brandon K. Brimberry

2. Paul_Maycock

Paul_Maycock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The first question I would like to ask is why did you buy two analogue camcorders? I don't know about the VHS model but I had a similar problem like your HI8, many years ago and a technician told me the tapedeck heads were almost worn away and it would cost me an arm and a leg to get it fixed. Then in March of this year I had a very similar problem with a Panasonic Vcr. I could see the picture on FF and REW and Pause but the just a black screen with some lines and snow on it.