• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Two brands of DVB-S ....one for encrypted one for FTA - possible?

peskywinnets

Established Member
I have a Floppydtv & have just got sky working via it (phew...what a long journey it's been!). I also have a Technotrend S2-3200, which I gave up on for decoding encrypted channels but would like to use as a second tuner within Vista MCE.

After setting up the floppydtv without a hitch, I then reran the TV tuner setup & made sure the Technotrend' was enabled too.

I started up Vista MCE & all I got was a black screen on all channels.

I then downloaded Mark Salloways Tuner priority app & could see the Technotrend was set as prioriity for viewing - I therefore changed it & ensured & my floppydtv tuner was set for priority for both viewing & recording.

However after a reboot, I retried & all I got was a black screen again....I had to re-run the Vista MCE tuner setup t& disable the technotrend to get a picture back!

What am I doing wrong?

When you have tuner brand A installed & then add tuner brand B, is anthing else required to be done within Vista MCE? When a channel scan is done with two tuners installed, how on earth do you establish which tuner is set up to receive what channel?

Is it even possible to have two different brands of tuners work side by side in Vista MCE?

If so, is it possible to dedicate one to encrypted viewing/recording (ie make it the tuner with the most priority, therefore covering all bases from an encypted/FTA perspective) with the other just for viewing recording FTA channels?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom