Twist (Sky Original Film)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Michael Caine will star as Fagin in Sky Cinema’s latest original film, Twist.

Cast; Lena Headey, Rita Ora, David Walliams, Franz Drameh (Legends of Tomorrow), Sophie Simnett (Daybreak) and newcomer (Jude Law's son) Raff Law.

Twist is a modern interpretation of Charles Dickens’ Oliver Twist in which Oliver is reinvented as a streetwise artist living on the streets of modern-day London. A chance encounter with a gang of grifters led by the charismatic Dodge (Ora) sees Twist (Law) caught up in a high stakes heist to steal a priceless painting for master thief Fagin (Caine), and his psychopathic business partner, Sikes (Headey). Drameh will play Batesey, Simnett will play Red and Walliams will play Losberne.

Cain:
“Fagin is such an infamous character, it’s going to be great fun playing him. I’m really looking forward to working with Lena, Raff and the rest of the cast in London when we start shooting.”

Headey:
“I couldn’t be more excited to take on the iconic character of Sikes from Oliver Twist. Flipping roles without apology or character softening is a brilliant way to breathe new life into established materials and bring it to new audiences.”

Law:
“I’m excited to play such a well-loved literary character, and I’m looking forward to working with Martin Owen to bring to life his new take on the character in modern-day London.”

Owen (Killers Anonymous, The Intergalactic Adventures of Max Cloud) is at the helm for the picture, which is produced by Unstoppable Film and TV, Posterity Pictures and Puregrass Films.

Twist is written by John Wrathall (The Liability) with additional writing by Sally Collett and Martin Owen (The Intergalactic Adventures of Max Cloud).

The film goes into production in London this autumn.

gettyimages-1178331458.jpg
twistfirstlook081119a.jpg

Raff Law - Oliver Twist
Michael Caine - Fagin
Lena Headey - Sikes
Rita Ora - Dodger
Franz Drameh - Batesey
Sophie Simnett as Red
David Walliams - Losberne
Tanya Burr - Rosie

"Rita Ora is feeling herself in scarlet mini-dress"
ambiguous to say the least. clicked on the link and was disappointed.

Why do I get the feeling that despite Caine and Headey, this is going to be an abomination.....

Sky's own output is generally poor, unless I've missed anything amazing?

The only one I can think of is Hotel Mumbai. Generally their TV stuff is pretty average too I find.

Premieres next Friday 29th, 6pm (Sky Premiere channel)

Is this the best Sky can come up with, thank god they still have the football.

I didn't hate this modern take, Oliver Twist meets Parkour is obviously made for yoofs

Caine was basically Alfred with his pearls of wisdom, no scenes out stayed their welcome, some good music bites, i liked some of the scene transitions 6/10

Cant be long now till we get our first buddy movie with Jude's son & Taron Egerton :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom