1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twinning up Boxes

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by johndj1, Oct 2, 2003.

1. johndj1

johndj1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Really quick one

My Sky box is at the menders and the replacement Thomson box is crap. I have borrowed a Grundig box from work and want to swap them over but I'm fairly certain that the cards are twinned to the box they are in.

Can I call Sky and let them know that I need to use this different box? Are they gonna charge me for this?

If anyone could let me know that would be great.

Thanks

Dan

2. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm going through the same process! I spoke to sky CS first thing this morning. This should be straightforward and I've done it before with no problems but needless to say, there were problems this time!

You could save time by doing a couple of things first. Make sure you have the latest software running on the new box. Force a download if necessary to achieve this.

Make a note of the version number and serial number of the new box and switch it off.

When you speak to CS they will ask you these details and also your card number.

When you've done that they will send a signal to your box so be sure to mention that it is currently off. They will then ask you to switch it on and insert the card when requested. Hopefully you will then get the channels you subscribe to.

I haven't got the latest software loaded so my card wouldn't work. I didn't have time to prat about this morning so I'll force a download and try the card again tonight.

Good luck!

Dave

3. johndj1

johndj1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for that

How do I force a software download, just out of interest.

Ta

Dan