Twinkies - shelf life?

Stinja

So i have this twinkie a workmate brought back from yankland on 3rd August 2009, i thought the expiry date was "Aug 2018", but since then it seems to have lost it's softness, and the ends are becoming a bit crumbly.

Anyone know the actual shelf-life of a Twinkie, and is this one safe to eat in X days/years?

Twinkie_sm.jpg

TayWax

Distinguished Member
Mmmm. Twinkie.

That's a pretty long shelf life for any food isn't it? Lol.
Eat it and see what happens :D

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
I bought a box of twinkies from tesco to see what all the fuss was about. Urgh, not for me, discussing things!

Exemplar

Banned
Though that they were measured in 'half life' terms...

Det

Distinguished Member
Twinkies don't last long tbh.

I'd be willing to bet that one could last maybe three months and still be edible. But I wouldn't eat one past 6 weeks old.

rousetafarian

I too frequent the American food section of Tesco and bar the ridiculously expensive real sugar Pepsi there are some really good treats there, (actually saying that £5.40/$9.00 for a box of Lucky Charms is a little steep)

TayWax

Distinguished Member
I too frequent the American food section of Tesco and bar the ridiculously expensive real sugar Pepsi there are some really good treats there, (actually saying that £5.40/$9.00 for a box of Lucky Charms is a little steep)
We get proper ripped off for some of that stuff. I love some of the American foods but not at those prices. Probably helping my waistband a fair bit tho

rousetafarian

We get proper ripped off for some of that stuff. I love some of the American foods but not at those prices. Probably helping my waistband a fair bit tho
Likewise, buying HP Sauce or Heinz Baked Beans in the US is extortionate

fragdude

My local garage sells them for £1 each, love them, the ones in my cupboard are dated Nov 2014

pRot3us

Distinguished Member

Rog69

Distinguished Member
If you keep Twinkies long enough the inside turns to alcohol, it was on The Simpsons so it must be true.

I tried them the first time I went to the states after years of seeing adverts in American comics and I was very disappointed, it's kind of like eating a small lump of foam rubber full of sugary chemicals :(.

They are still not the worst thing that American confectionery has to offer though, they are no where near as bad as Hershey's vomit flavoured chocolate.

rousetafarian

Thank you!!! Someone else who detects the sick in regular Hershey bars......truly awful.

Det

Distinguished Member
Hersheys chocolate has had some kind of cost cutting since I was a kid. It used to taste WAY better. So unless you ate them before the early 90s, you really will think it tastes horrible

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies

Latest News

Klipsch announces four Cinema soundbars for UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Elipson adds Connect 250 streaming amp to Connected range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cyrus Audio announces XR series Hi-Fi products
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sonus faber announces Maxima Amator speaker
  • By Andy Bassett