Twinhan Vision DTV Sat-CI 1030A

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by baff57, Aug 25, 2006.

1. baff57

baff57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just want to protect others from making the same mistake as me.
    I purchased the above card from DVB Direct about 3 months ago and upon reciept it would not work with my PC, the picture broke up or got no picture at all. I contacted Twinhan direct 2 times (not even an answer) by email.
    I then contacted where i purchased from (DVB Direct) and that took 2 weeks to get an answer which after a couple more emails they agreed they would take it back for testing. I sent it back with proof of postage on the 18th July and to date i have not had it back and they just ignore my emails.
    So dont buy Twinhan crap!!! and dont use DVB Direct (not even a phone number is given) again crap service!!
    I have given up on my card and the money but had a great deal of pleasure of informing trading standards and my credit card company.
    By the way i have used a Skystar 2 card (works grand, superb product) 100% quality signal and 87% signal strength.

2. mxdshf

mxdshf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I did purchase Twinhan Vision DTV USB and ths picture quality is stunning but I agree with you, these guys from Taiwan got the worst customer service in Europe, they mainly concentrate on Australian and American markets.

DO NOT BUY THIS CRAP PRODUCT AGAIN.

max

3. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +763
    Well I have had my Twinhan VP1020 for a few years now - originally purchased from the USA before they were generally available in Europe.
    I got some reasonable answers from Taiwan when I subsequently had some technical questions.
    They also used to offer a partial SDK (software development kit) which was quite handy.
    My only complaint is that their download website was so sloooooow.
    (I maninly use it with TSReader to analyse transport streams).

Chris Muriel, Manchester

4. Gae

Gae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I've had a Twinhan DVB-S Visionplus for a few months now and I find it works really well with DVBViewer although I've been having some problems with the driver recently. I installed "Dscaler" a while back and it read my "Pinnacle" PCTV Rave card but not the Twinhan. I fiddled around with the options etc but now have a problem with the driver in DVBViewer and with the Twinhan player. DScaler may have caused the conflict but I also read that I shouldn't have had two capture cards on the same system. Something to do with a Conexant 878 driver clash? I thought as one was satellite and the other was terrestrial I might get away with it. Any ideas? Can I do a "clean wipe" of drivers without having to re-install WinXP? Many thanks.

Gae