1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twin Velodyne CHT-15 or Single HGS-15

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by sticker, Jan 19, 2003.

1. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been reading this forum for a few days with the view to upgrading my current setup in all areas.
    I'm fairly convinced that my current Paradigm PS1000 should be replaced by a Velodyne, but which one.

Would twin CHT-15's be better than one HGS-15?

My Room is 8m * 6m

Regards
    John

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Your request would be best directed at uncle eric in the Power Buy forum as he is the resident Velo expert.

Nice sized room you have though

:)

3. Cheng

Cheng

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    You use all the room just for home-cinema?! :eek:

My living room is that big but I'm only allowed to use 1/2 of it for sofa and tv...other half has a piano, hehe.

4. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    I have heard the CHT-15 and can say that it is a great sub; one of the few that I have heard that would fill a room like yours! In fact, I'm surprised the PS1000 copes.

It is my opinion that two subs can cause more problems than it solves and would rather buy a better single sub, than two "inferior" ones. I tried this with two PS1000's, as it happens, and all sorts of horrible nastiness ensued. I have heard the same from someone that had a couple of REL Storm III's.

I think the question I'd ask is "Is the HGS-15 really worth the extra over the CHT-15?" Uncle Eric has considerable experience with Velodyne and if a purchse should be made merely on an opinion, it would be his. I would try and get a dem if possible, though. Even travel to the now legenary "Batcave" itself, considering the money involved.

Russell

5. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, for you replies guy's, it's been helpful, I'll direct the question to Uncle Eric in the Power buys forum.

I previously used the PS1000 in my old house, but I've recently finished building my own house and in this I've incorparated a dedicate home cinema, actually a bit of a "porky" as I've got a bar, pool table and space invaders machine in there! too!
    Luckily my wife appreciates home cinema etc, we use it when friends are around.

Regards
    John

:)