• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Twin tuner Freeview PVR with DVD.

crakkers

Standard Member
:) Hi.

I have just given up with my digihome pvr that has started recently jumping and freezing and locking up. I want a new machine but dont know which way to turn.

This is what I would like;

twin tuner
freeview
ability to save programmes to HDD
ability to archive saved programmes to a DVD disc.
I cant be bothered (unless price prohibits) linking a PC to a PVR.
VERY LOW / NO FAN NOISE!!!!

Any ideas?? :lease:

B

Gavtech

Administrator

I have just given up with my digihome pvr that has started recently jumping and freezing and locking up. I want a new machine but dont know which way to turn.

twin tuner
freeview

Note that this last requirement disqualifies all others.

If you want to be able to archive to a DVD then you need a DVD recorder... Not a PVR.
[I'm assuming you mean within the same box here]...Otherwise you can save from any PVR to a DVD disc provided you use an external DVD recorder.

Note also that if you DO want a DVD recorder that they always have single digital tuners.

Geofbob

Prominent Member

twin tuner
freeview
I cant be bothered (unless price prohibits) linking a PC to a PVR.
VERY LOW / NO FAN NOISE!!!!

Any ideas?? :lease:

B

If you're in the North West region where DSO took place in November/December, your Digihome is probably suffering the problem discussed in this thread - http://www.avforums.com/forums/pvrs-vcrs/1147605-digihome-dtr160-freezes-when-recording.html. You'll see from the thread, that a "fix" is being actively sought by the makers of the software, Vestel - so all may not be lost with regard to your PVR - though I can well understand your frustration.

creddish

Prominent Member
Just to add to what others have said, if "VERY LOW / NO FAN NOISE!!!!" is that important to you then you are not going to get anything better than the Digihome (or any other Vestel PVR) as I'm sure you already know they don't have fans.

Colin

crakkers

Standard Member
So given the above what I need is a decent PVR and to link it with a dvd recoder.

I think my Digihome is dead! It stuck in recoding mode the other night and would not respond to stopping via the remote or on the box itself, so we switched it on and off at the mains! Since then it has not booted up and constantly says please wait..............disk check......

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom