Twin tuner + DVD recorder + HDD recorder all in 1 - do they exist?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by avevers, Mar 26, 2005.

1. avevers

avevers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking for a device which combines a twin tuner, DVD recorder and hard drive recorder. Also I would like it to include RGB in, DV-IN and component out. Such a spec - but does any such device exist? If not, might such a device come out in the future? I am aware of many devices which have a combination of all of the above but am not aware of a device which has the lot.

Anyone?

Thanks for any comments.

av

2. laser

laser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    No.

I've not even read any details about any forthcoming HDD/DVD devices with 2 x Freeview tuners or 2 x anaglue tuners.

Manufacturers seem very slow to jump on the HDD/DVD + Freeview bandwagon.

I can only summise that as we (the UK) are the only country to have Freeview or digital terristial, it's probably not financially viable to produce such devices for one market. I'm sure some will eventually appear but it wouldn't surprise me if we only see a trickle of such devices late 2005 and possibly into 2006. As for 2x Freeview tuners don't hold your breath :(

3. SDHoward

SDHoward
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
  4. d.waters

d.waters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I thought someone on this forum had said the new Panasonic EH60D (due in September) had that spec.

5. tomleeeee

tomleeeee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only thing the Panasonic EH60D doesn't have is the Dual tuners. (Can't wait to get mine though!)

6. rogerh

rogerh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Like many others, I'm waiting for the advent of these machines.
    At the moment the best hope seems to lie with the new Sony products due out in September/October, but these will still only have a single Digital tuner. The upper spec model will have HDMI.
    Picking up on the point made by "Laser", France has just started Digital TTV and with developments in Germany taking shape, perhaps the manufacturers will at last get their acts together.
    As to the Panny EH60D, does any one know further spec details or release date yet?

7. avevers

avevers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all the responses - did not think I would have much luck. Will have to go for the single tuner option then and hope that NTL (who I am subscribed to) come out with the rumoured PVR to go with my future HDD set-up.

av

8. AVmaster

AVmaster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The EH60D will have both a Freeview and an analogue tuner, but its not been confirmed yet if it wall have a DV-input.