1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twin Scart RGB to Component??

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Malone, Jan 30, 2003.

1. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Having looked at the current converters ie RGB to Component, I haven't been able to find a method of putting both my Sky RGB scart into a box and my DVD RGB scart in and converting, and having two pairs of component leads coming out into my DSP AX1 so I can select either via my amp. Does that make sense??:confused: Then running one monitor out component lead to the VW11HT. The main problem being switching between them, I am led to believe scart switchings boxes themselves tend to result in deteriation of the signals and as its going down 10 metre leads.....

Any ideas or will I need to buy 2 converters??

Cheers

Matt............

2. Jim v2.0

Jim v2.0
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got my Tivo and DVD going through a Quatro scart switcher (4 inputs), then into an RGB scart->component converter. I was going to use my Yammy AV processor to switch the video but the quality isn't as good, plus the quatro box auto switches to the active source. I still use my Yammy to dwitch the audio side. Can't say I've detected any degredation in quality with the switch box. Also, there's an additional composite feed out from the Quatro which I feed to a AV Transmitter so that I can watch any of the sources downstairs as well :D