1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

twin scart digibox output

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by bromleypete, Jan 5, 2005.

1. bromleypete

bromleypete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to know if there are any boxes which allow you to select which scart the signal goes out on so that for normal watching it goes on one scart (and so to the tv only) but when started from the programed event timer it goes to the other (or both) the perpose of this is because our JVC video starts up by itself and records when a signal comes in on the appropriate scart socket. Aletrnatively has anyone got this sort of function in some other way? (tv-link?)

Thanks for all suggestions

Peter

2. jammyb2004

jammyb2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    scart outputs on sky are always on, only difference is the TV one is RGB and the VCR one isn't as long as the sky box is on, the vcr will pick up the signal from scart.

and the VCR records what the TV sees, you can't have the VCR recording E4 while u watch Sky One. the only way to do that is to have sky+ and cut out the VCR.

hth,

jammy

3. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    It took a while for that question to sink in!
    I have my vcr inbetween my TV and digibox, so that when I select AV2 on my video the signal from digibox goes straight through video and it can then be recorded and seen on the TV.
    But I would have thought that you could record and watch at the same time as you have it connected, is this not the case?
    Nigel

4. jammyb2004

jammyb2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    you can record analog (aerial) TV onto your VCR whilst watching Sky or analog/aerial on your TV. and thats while having scarts from sky to tv and to vcr AND from vcr to tv!

and yes, you can watch Sky on TV through AV1 or AV2 when you want to record sky to VCR. you can even watch sky on analog/aerial on channel 6 (or watever channel you've tuned into your tv as sky) whilst recording it to VCR. but you'll notice a picture quality difference as i said before, scart TV out is RGB, scart VCR out isn't. and aerial is even worse!

i hope this makes sense. i really do. just think of it as connections yes scart and co-ax are doing the same job. but scart gives a better picture but aerial can be used to record a channel and watch another because the channels run at different frequencies. scart can only do one channel at a time. thats why the picture is better. especially RGB.

hth!

jammy

5. mambojambo

mambojambo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    you all seam to be missing his point i believe

he wants to control the vcr by the signal coming from sat box not record one channel while watching another :nono:

6. bromleypete

bromleypete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep thats precisely it, looking for a freeview box with 2 scarts, and the ability to select which scart the output is sent from the same menu as the timer is set.

pete