Twin or Quad LNB

jtt1888

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm just about to install a second lead to from my Pace 3100 to my existing dish to enable the complete sky+ package. I read somewher on this site that Sky install twin LNB's as standard.
Does this mean that i can simply run a second ariel lead to the dish to get the system working or do i need a quad LNB. Can anyone explain as I'm a little confused to say the least.I've no interest in multi-room if this makes a difference.

Thanks in advance!

Quad LNB will let you run up to four SKY boxes or two SKY+ boxes...a twin will do you for a single SKY+ box - however the twins are fairly hard to get hold of and I did see somewhere that there was a problem with twin LNB's, hence they are not widely used any more.

I bought a brand new Thompson quad LNB a couple of weeks ago from Ebay, only cost £12 plus P&P.

Thanks Danluton
I've also ordered a quad from ebay but i started to wonder if i didn't need it. Probably install it when it arrive for future proofing reasons.

i doubt you have a twin on the end of your dish so you'll most likely need the quad.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom