Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Twin or Quad LNB

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by jtt1888, Apr 19, 2005.

1. jtt1888

jtt1888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I'm just about to install a second lead to from my Pace 3100 to my existing dish to enable the complete sky+ package. I read somewher on this site that Sky install twin LNB's as standard.
    Does this mean that i can simply run a second ariel lead to the dish to get the system working or do i need a quad LNB. Can anyone explain as I'm a little confused to say the least.I've no interest in multi-room if this makes a difference.

Thanks in advance!

2. Dan L

Dan L

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    Quad LNB will let you run up to four SKY boxes or two SKY+ boxes...a twin will do you for a single SKY+ box - however the twins are fairly hard to get hold of and I did see somewhere that there was a problem with twin LNB's, hence they are not widely used any more.

I bought a brand new Thompson quad LNB a couple of weeks ago from Ebay, only cost £12 plus P&P.

3. jtt1888

jtt1888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks Danluton
    I've also ordered a quad from ebay but i started to wonder if i didn't need it. Probably install it when it arrive for future proofing reasons.

4. Boy Lex

Boy Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i doubt you have a twin on the end of your dish so you'll most likely need the quad.