Twin or Quad LNB

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by jtt1888, Apr 19, 2005.

1. jtt1888

jtt1888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I'm just about to install a second lead to from my Pace 3100 to my existing dish to enable the complete sky+ package. I read somewher on this site that Sky install twin LNB's as standard.
    Does this mean that i can simply run a second ariel lead to the dish to get the system working or do i need a quad LNB. Can anyone explain as I'm a little confused to say the least.I've no interest in multi-room if this makes a difference.

Thanks in advance!

2. Dan L

Dan L

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    Quad LNB will let you run up to four SKY boxes or two SKY+ boxes...a twin will do you for a single SKY+ box - however the twins are fairly hard to get hold of and I did see somewhere that there was a problem with twin LNB's, hence they are not widely used any more.

I bought a brand new Thompson quad LNB a couple of weeks ago from Ebay, only cost £12 plus P&P.

3. jtt1888

jtt1888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks Danluton
    I've also ordered a quad from ebay but i started to wonder if i didn't need it. Probably install it when it arrive for future proofing reasons.

4. Boy Lex

Boy Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i doubt you have a twin on the end of your dish so you'll most likely need the quad.