1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twin Monitor Hell - CRT TV and Projector

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by cwinson, Apr 11, 2003.

1. cwinson

Standard Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Having some very annoying problems with screen resoluctions on my HTPC :(

I'm using Sapphire Radeon 9000 to output S-video to a 4:3 CRT TV and DVI to Epson TW-100 PJ (16:9 1280:720 native)

Ideally, I would like the TV to display @ 640x480 and the PJ to display @ 1280x720

Here's what's going on :

If the PJ is not switched on when the PC boots, I get the boot sequence on the TV. When the OS (Win2K Pro) have finished booting, I'm left with a desktop which is the right height, but too wide, causing scrolling. I've tried changing te resoluction, but it's already set at 640x480 and the ATI TV setting don't let me change the res.

Furthermore, If I subsequently turn on the PJ, I cannot get a picture until I reboot. ATI setting show DVI device as not attached

When both displays are on at boot time, the PJ (primary display - #1) works fine, but the TV resolution resolutiuon is now both too heigh and too wide ? Again, I can;t change this in the display settings.

Has anyone else had similar problems - If so, what can be done to get around this.

I really want to just leave the HTPC running and not have to reboot to change between TV & PJ.

Any help would be much appreciated.