1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twin LNB's

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by The Taskmaster, May 7, 2001.

1. The Taskmaster

The Taskmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, this has probably been asked a million times, but here goes. Can I hook up a twin LNB on a sky digital minidish to feed two STB's? If so, how much, where from and what should I look for. Believe it or not, it was a trip to B&Q this afternoon that got me thinking. I saw a 'twin universal LNB' for digital satellite.

2. The Taskmaster

The Taskmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ^bump^

Anyone?

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    for 2 STB's you need 2 LnB's, you can quite merrily attatch 2 to 1 dish but you need an adaptor (trust me selotape doesnt work, i have tried!)

4. ISCM

ISCM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To use 2 LNB's on the same dish you will need at least a 60cm dish for say both the old and new Astra satelites if you live in the south. It would be better to use an 80cm if possible. The minidish is just not large enough.
    There is no difference in LNB's for digital and analog.
    If you say what satelites you wish to receive I could give more advice.
    If you just want to recieve sky from two boxes then you can use the minidish but need a twin output LNB (around £50) to replace the single output LNB and a separate cable for the second output to go to your other SKY box. :confused: