• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

twin Female to male hdmi

Darko

Prominent Member
I am looking for a twin hdmi female into a male adaptor so i can run 2 devices from my dvd player does anyone know where i can get one of these.

Cheers darko

bsuttie

Established Member
Darko said:
thanks bud, why is it so expensive ?? its only a splitter I am after:confused: :confused:

At least two reasons -

The signals carried via HDMI use very high frequencies and need to be correctly terminated. Therefore you can't just twist the wires together so to speak.

HDMI communicates both ways e.g. Lets say the source asks the display : "What resolutions can you cope with?" Then even if you could get the signals right by splitting you would get two potentially different answers back.

Bottom line - it won't work just splitting it. You need a DA, and you really want one that will sort out HDCP for you.

regards

Brian

Darko

Prominent Member
in that case I will just get another hdmi cable and swap leads when the case needs it, thans for the info though bud:thumbsup:

heers Darko

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom