Twin DVD screens

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by Allme, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Allme

Allme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

New to in car multimedia, so am wondering if anyone can help me. Can any one recommend a good, cheap twin screen DVD package? I have been looking at the Centurion PROPP70DVD, noticed it is now discontented. Think i might still be able to hold of one tho, even of Fleabay. Has anyone had any experience with these?
    My only criteria is that i want to be able to mount the DVD player in the boot or under seat. And these Velcro straps that come with the screens, are no good for my headrest's, so i need to be able to remove all these and i am going to fix them of a bracket that comes off the poles. So the screens need to have a slide bracket on the back.
    O yea and they got to be cheap... :D

Sorry for rambling, but if anyone can help it will gratefully received

2. dude1971

dude1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Allme

Allme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers dude. No good for me as i need a DVD player to mount under seat, so needs to be front loading...
    Thanks tho

4. Allme

Allme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No views fron anyone :lease: Was hoping on some for the Centurion PROPP70DVD. Is it any good...

5. Allme

Allme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im guessing no one has bought one of these centurion items then.....What about the 6.5" model PROPP65DVD? I think this is the only model i can hold off know centurion have stopped them. Would anyone recommened buying one know?

6. mrjohnfernandez

mrjohnfernandez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I understand that these units have an inherant problem with the DVD loading mechanism... as the units have a simple tray load, the DVD has been known to slide out of the tray and be left loose inside the DVD player... If it were a kind of spindle mount it would obviously not fall down, but this was apparently not thought of during the design process.

Hope this helps your investigations...?

7. MCB

MCB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for the delay in postiong to your question. I have had the PROPP70 system for around a year now and have been really pleased with it.

Ok, now to answer some of your questions.

The screens have a slot on the rear as well as a threaded hole in the bottom, so you can go for the headrest brackets that allow either option. I have done this myself as it looks a lot neater than the velcro strap set-up as supplied. There are various sites around that sell these brackets as well as ebay (which is where I got my pair from, you can see the type by viewing this item: 5879949526, though I would personally avoid the HK sourced ones).

The player is front loading and it should be possible to fit under seat etc, as long as you keep it fairly horizontal. I have experienced the disc sliding out of the tray and being trapped in the case. It took lots of finger wiggling to work it free. The problem was that the tray has a couple of foam stoppers, which are only glued and as the unit gets fairly warm the glue had softened and come away. I have since got some plastics pegs and superglued them in. It won't cure the problem, but it should help improve it.

Hope that helps a little bit and good luck on ebay!!

8. Allme

Allme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    MCB,

Thanks a lot for your advice.. I have purchased one of these the other day and just waiting for it to arrive now, so hopefully it will do the job... I will have to watch this with the foam stoppers, and might just replace then straight off with something more substantial.
    Just 1 question for you. With the headrest mounting bracket you are using, this is one i have been looking at. The up-right fixing strip looks like a flimsy bit of spring steel, do you get much vibration or movement of the screen with this one?

The other one i have been looking at is : Item number: 9703269224

Thanks again

9. MCB

MCB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It hasn't been an issue as I have adusted it's position so that the back of the screen is against the headreast, so damping it.

The other type you listed, does look a more solid option and if I hadn't got a good deal for the pair, I may well have gone for it.

10. Allme

Allme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Urgent help/advice required please.... :lease:
    I bought what i thought was a PROPP70DVD centurion package. I received it yesterday, the instructions are tell me its a PROPP60DVD package. Does anyone know what the differences are? to the screens are different, they have no AV inputs, you cant change the volume with the remote control, not sure if they are smaller and they are black/grey rather than silver ( in not the end of the world)

They are will to exchange it for a PROPP70DVD but i am wondering if this is any better? can anyone help....... I have to ring them back 1st thing in the morning so an help would be gratefully received........