1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tweeter or Crossover?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by agw_01, Nov 20, 2003.

1. agw_01

agw_01
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I've been using my Mission 700's instead of my 702e's for a few weeks because I prefer the sound of the 700's.

I switched back to the 702e's yesterday and noticed that they sounded a lot different then before. I thought that it was just me, because I was used to the 700's so didn't do anything about it. When I was listening to music yesterday night I put my head in front of the speaker and it sounded... CRAP!

The tweeter in one of the 702e's isn't working. I tried removing the HF>LF terminal bridge and connected the speaker cable straight to the HF terminals. Nothing.

I then connected one of the Mission 700's to the same cable, to make sure it wasn't the amp. Nope... it's definately the speaker.

I was just wondering, what could have caused it? High volume? Loose wiring inside the speaker? AFAIK, it was fine before I switched to my 700's.

I don't have the boxes anymore (mum made me throw them out when we were clearing out the loft) so I can't take them back to Richer Sounds where I purchased them. They've been back to Mission once to fix the baffle, but I doubt they'll take them back with a faulty tweeter. Should I take them apart and check cabling? Does anyone know where I can pick up a replacement tweeter or crossover, because I really don't know what the problem is.

Thanks for any replies.
    Andrew.