TW7400 with amazon fire stick

soundchip

Got a Epson TW7400 projector and want to use an Amazon fire stick with it, only the TW7400 doesn't have a sound output.

How do I go about getting sound from the fire stick?
I don't have an AV amp either, and instead are using the projector with a Humax box so taking a phono connection from this into the NAD amp

Can anyone suggest some ways (or by use of an adaptor) of doing this please?

next010

Distinguished Member
Get a 4K 60Hz switch with audio extractor built in like this, it has RCA phono audio outputs.

Plug the video out from the switch into the projector and audio into your speakers, you can put the FireTV and Humax on the switch video inputs.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Source > HDMI Extractor > Projector+HiFi Amp is the way to go - though be aware you can run into 'lip sync' issues as the video processing is usually slower than the audio processing.

Joe

soundchip

Get a 4K 60Hz switch with audio extractor built in like this, it has RCA phono audio outputs.

Plug the video out from the switch into the projector and audio into your speakers, you can put the FireTV and Humax on the switch video inputs.

Hi Next010,

Cheers for this, looks good.

Found an updated version of this box here, I'm guessing this will do the same?, and it seems cheaper!
Amazon product

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The Switch you link to indicates HDCP 1.4 - which means it is not compatible with the majority of 4K UHD Source devices which require HDCP 2.2.

Joe

soundchip

Just so your aware I've done this, and tested with 2 different HDMI switch boxes with RCA out. I get a picture fine, but no sound. I've also disconnected everything else to make sure. Someone did say that this is because there is no speaker output on the tw7400, but surely this is the switches job to extract the audio for you. I cant believe it's this difficult to do!

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
You will need to ensure the Source is set to Output 2.0 PCM and ideally the Switch has user adjustable EDID which includes audio settings.

Joe

soundchip

Cheers Joe for your advice.

Do you have any link suggestions on a switch to test out? - say from amazon or another supplier.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom