Question TW7400 with 4k firestick

soundchip

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone on this forum is running a amazon 4K firestick with the TW7400 projector please?, if so how are you running it please?

I have just done a very interesting test, using this switch box (having spent ages troubleshooting sound issues on the firestick - I'm thinking it's the projector, but why)
Amazon product ASIN B07PPMR8Y2
If I use the switch box with the 4K firestick plugged into it, and a 15M fibre optic cable that goes from the switch box into the TV (Hitachi L32HK04U) I have everything working, including sound.
However, if I power down the TV (Hitachi L32HK04U), and then switch box, plug the same 15M fibre optic cable into the TW7400 projector and turn on the switch box, with all same settings, I get a picture, but no sound - why I ask, everything is exactly the same, bar the projector!

Unless you have missed out anything from your description above then what you are describing is expected behaviour as "there’s no built-in speakers or audio output, we’d recommend pairing it with an AV Receiver". To get any sound you will need to add an av Receiver and speakers
Screenshot_20201108-070708_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201108-070708_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for your reply and links to web sites, makes good reading.

I am using a Humax box, S1110 and a DVD player. Now you say it I can understand as both Humax and TV have a built in speaker with phone output too, but the DVD doesn’t, it only has HDMI output so how does this work?

Also are you then saying one can’t run a 4K fire stick with this projector without an AV amp? Can’t you in some way use an switch box with audio extraction, like I’m trying too?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom