TW7400 picture

soundchip

Standard Member
Hi,

I've bought an Epson TW7400 and are running it alongside a Humax box HB-1100S with a high quality HDMI cable between Humax and projector

Amazon product
I'm disappointed with the picture quality out of the box which don't feel is that great, with HD or 4k from Netflix currently
I'm using it in a lounge with dimmed lighting on a 100" diagonal electric white screen

Can anyone provide with any settings or advice that can help me pls?

razy60

Hi,

I've bought an Epson TW7400 and are running it alongside a Humax box HB-1100S with a high quality HDMI cable between Humax and projector

Amazon product
I'm disappointed with the picture quality out of the box which don't feel is that great, with HD or 4k from Netflix currently
I'm using it in a lounge with dimmed lighting on a 100" diagonal electric white screen

Can anyone provide with any settings or advice that can help me pls?
Hi, can you post some pictures of the image and your setup when watching, then I suggest you read the appropriate thread as that will give a ton of information (yes I know it's long), and finally when the bulb has run in (not sure how many hours) possibly 100hrs get it calibrated.

soundchip

Standard Member
Hi Razy60

Cheers for reply.

Will post some images up.

Which post or thread has this info?, could u send a link over pls.

Didn’t know you had to run the bulb in?
How would I go about calibrating projector?, Taking it to AV shop?, how much roughly would this cost?

Cheers

razy60

Hi Razy60

Cheers for reply.

Will post some images up.

Which post or thread has this info?, could u send a link over pls.

Didn’t know you had to run the bulb in?
How would I go about calibrating projector?, Taking it to AV shop?, how much roughly would this cost?

Cheers
Thread is this one.

As for calibration I'd get someone in, to do it, cost is a few hundred pounds but it's well worth it.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
HDMI cable - at 15m no passive copper cable is Ultra High Speed or even High Speed certified and HDMI version numbers are irrelevant to cables, you are doing very well if it is delivering a 4K UHD signal at that length! Use the Info button on the projector remote to confirm what the Input signal is when viewing an image from your Source.

AVR - you don't mention if you have one in the signal path?

Projector reset - try a factory reset and go through lining up the projector again, do you have the projector ceiling mounted and the lens relatively central to the vertical centre line of the screen?

Source - have you tried any other source devices?

Calibration - is something you have to do on site, with your kit and in your typical lighting condition(s), most folk lack the hardware or knowledge to undertake a Calibration, though it is something you can learn to do.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom