1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tw200h or Dell 2300mp

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Geiri, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Geiri

Geiri

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to hear from some one who has known dell 2300mp or Epson TW200h

http://www.epson.co.uk/products/video_projectors/product_spec/EMP-TW200H.htm
    LCD
    1500 ANSI Lumens
    1000:1 Contrast
    1280 x 720 Native Resolution (1600 x 1200 max)
    Power Zoom, focus & keystone
    1.33-13.65m Projection Screen Size

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/proj_2300mp?c=uk&l=en&s=lca
    Single Chip DDR DLP
    2300 ANSI Lumens
    2100:1 Contrast
    1024 x 768 Native Resolution (1600 x 1200 max)
    Manual Zoom, focus & keystone
    62.5cm - 750cm Projection Screen Size

Other brands are not an option.

best regards
    Geiri

2. MikeK

MikeK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +316
    What are you going to be using the projector for?
    Of the two mentioned, the Epson is designed primarily for home-cinema use, while the Dell is designed primarily for business presentation use. Projectors are used quite differently in each application.

The Epson uses LCD technology vs the DLP technology used in the Dell.
    There's loads of info available, both on here and on the net in general, about the pros and cons of each!

Assuming you want it for home cinema, the Dell has few input options for video, isn't native widescreen, may be a touch overbright (assuming reasonably usual screen screen size, although this can be tamed with a filter), looks to be using basic 2x4seg colour wheel technology, has noisier fans........ and so on.

IMHO, if primary use is home cinema, and you only have these two models to choose from, then the sensible choice is the Epson. For business presentations, the Dell may be the better option.

3. Geiri

Geiri

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank's for your reply, MikeK

This is my first projector and primary use is home cinema.

I did take a good look at the Dell. It is very quiet, has exelent picture shows a bit more detailed picture than the Epson, but is a little over bright.

The Epson allso shows good picture, nice colors and many great features.

What is with the Native 16:9?
    The widescreen pictures that I have taken a look at all show gray borders around them, and dont fit the 16:9 output field??

4. Kinch

Kinch
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I borrowed the dell from work to try it and had the following impressions (based on the factory setup)

1. 4:3 screen - unsuitable for ws films

2. My sitting position is c. 11 feet from screen - we found the display to be too bright/harsh (!!) at that range

3. We both noticed rainbows and basically it gave us a headache after watching it for a relatively short period

If you are rainbow-intolerant you definitely need to try before you buy. Also the 4:3 ratio would seem to make it unsuitable for HT

good luck either way

Kinch

5. MikeK

MikeK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +316

This sounds like the source (presumably a DVD player or satellite box) was set for 4:3, not 16:9.

6. Geiri

Geiri

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did notic this to.

I think I will go with the Epson

You where right about my dvd player it was set to 4:3 ;)

Thank you