1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TW10H on a shelf pointing down ish :(

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by noel-pilot, Sep 15, 2005.

1. noel-pilot

noel-pilot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hey all,
    could do with a bit of help.
    Just moved into a new staff house so i just have my moderately sized bedroom.

above my bed is a cracking little shelf which just shouted projector to me!!
    throw distance isnt too bad prob about 9foot so enough to give me a small ish image, enough for what i want. ONly issue is the shelf is slightly higher than where i want the screen so i have had to prop the back of the PJ up to point the image down.

this has resulted in an off square image, with the sides sloping in from bottom to top.
    i assume this is down to it being sloped down whereas normally a screen will be higher than the position of the PJ.

is there any solution to this or do i need to look into mounting the PJ underneath the shelf?? possible but not desireable!!

advice on cheap PJ mounts appreciated if required.

Thanks
    Noel

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    There will be an adjustment on your projector called keystone which is designed for situations like this. Unfortunately it does degrade the picture quality slightly, hence there's no substitute for correct positioning...PJ :)

3. Digger

Digger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +206
    Well..agreeing with Mr Hitachi lover :) ...and having owned a tw10h before (i loved it and it is worth persevering), i would experiment...bolting to underside of shelf or lowering shelf...in order to avoid possible image degradation from keystoning.....otherwise you are (ultimately) looking at a pj with lens shift which might hopefully allow for improved installation placement...good luck

4. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,184
    Most projectors I looked at projected 'up' from the lower half of the screen.
    Can you invert the TW10H and flip the image to get over the mounting position - I did that when I wall mounted my Bogart.

5. Digger

Digger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +206
    Actually, from memory i think you can with the TW10H. Use the supplied sticky pads and place the PJ upside down on the current shelf, inverting the image from within the menus and see how it looks.

6. Dear Mr Echo

Dear Mr Echo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    That's exactly what I was going to suggest. Flip it over and use the supplied sticky feet. The image from the TW10 projects up from the bottom of the lens when it's the right way up so will project down from the top when it's inverted... if that makes any sense at all!