TW10H just arrived.,...Torture!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by noel-pilot, Jan 7, 2005.

1. noel-pilot

noel-pilot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hey all,
    I have done it! My Epson TW10H arrived this morning, Firstly big reccomendation for www.premier-presentation.co.uk. They matched Dabs and Technoworld's price, included next day UPS delivery and gave me a free head massaged!! all for £550! very happy with the service and the deal!!

Unfortunately I have two weeks of exams now so apart from a five minute test this morning I have forced myself to box it back up till 20th January :(

One small question, I tested it both with VGA input from my laptop and also Component input from my Xbox and I noticed the picture wasn't filling the screen size being output from the Projector, I could see six inches or so all around the image. As in a large image was being output from the PJ but the source was within that area. Is this something simple and can be changed or is this just how PJ's work??!!

Thanks (apologies for the many questions that I am sure will be asked in the future!!)

Noel

2. Darwock

Darwock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't say for certain in your case, but certainly with mine, the picture output from a PS2/xbox etc doesn't fill the PJ display... compare this to a TV picture and generally the whole displayed image doesn't quite fit on the screen (hence the need for in game screen adjustments). So although it looks like I'm getting less, I'm actually seeing more.

3. whats_this

whats_this

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Well done mate, cant really help you with any of your questions but i am also being tortured by exams, had my tx100 sitting in the corner since before christmas and is driving me mad. Sorted out building a screen, and a pj mount while i've been waiting though.

Finish on the 18th and cant wait. Thought i would just let you know your not alone and good luck with the exams,

Iain

4. Delh68

Delh68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    have u tried changing the aspect ratio - u should set it to squeeze to output 16:9 pictures if u haven't already (hopefully this should work for the xbox anyway ??

hth
    Delh

5. noel-pilot

noel-pilot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    cheersn Delh, will try that, not had a proper play, after WOW its feckin huge my second thought was hmmm not filling it the screen...then I went back to thinking wow I have a projector and its awesome!! can't wait for some serious Halo 2 action!!!! never again will multiplayer be a problem having four people to a tiny 22" tv!!! hehe

Good luck with ur exams to bud, harsh to have to wait that long! I have very light cream walls so that will suffice for the near future, and Im off to B and Q on Sunday to get some wood to make a nice perfect height speaker stand a bit more stable for a stand!!

Thanks