TV's with Simultaneous output for Headphones & Soundbar

Donnie49

Novice Member
Can any of your members recommend a modern TV that can deliver a sound output to headphones (wireless or hardwired) and a soundbar similutaneously?

My partner is hard of hearing and currently uses headphones to watch our existing TV, but that means I cannot listen to our soundbar as inserting the headphone plug in our TV automatically switches off the TV sound. I would appreciate some advice on this issue. The only solution I have come up with, so far, is to use bluetooth headphones connected a TV without a soundbar , which is a feature, I believe is available on some Sony and Panasonic models. The downside is I have to accept that I cannot use a soundbar, which diminishes my listening pleasure, as most TV's have pretty average speakers.
Thanks

Dodgexander

Last I saw a similar question asked I think Sony and Panasonic models supported this. Perhaps you can take some headphones to a shop and test.

Sony have an explanation on their site:

Scroll down to the 'Adjust the TV setting' section.

You may have to connect the soundbar via optical rather than HDMI so the TV is unaware a soundbar is plugged in. That should avoid the muting of the headphone/TV sound.

Donnie49

Novice Member
Last I saw a similar question asked I think Sony and Panasonic models supported this. Perhaps you can take some headphones to a shop and test.

Sony have an explanation on their site:

Scroll down to the 'Adjust the TV setting' section.

You may have to connect the soundbar via optical rather than HDMI so the TV is unaware a soundbar is plugged in. That should avoid the muting of the headphone/TV sound.
Thanks for this. Have ordered a Sony TV. Will report back on how it goes.
Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom