TVs with "One-Connect" or Similar

Hear Here

I have a Samsung TV that features a One-Connect box so that all connections to the TV can be plugged into this remote box and only a single cable dangles from the bottom of the TV. I value this feature as cables can't be buried in the wall under the TV.

I now want a bigger TV but would prefer not another Samsung. Mine has a good picture but frequently misbehaves itself. For example it will boycott all BBC stations for an hour or so with a "No Signal" message that I know is false as my Sony and Panasonic TVs are happy to offer BBC. Other days it will be another group of linked channels. I'm only taking Freeview by the way.

OK, which other TVs offer a similar connection box to the Samsung one? If anyone could suggest a make and model (65"), I'd be most grateful. John Lewis says it's only Smsung that offers these boxes and now only with their expensive OLED (or is it QLED) models, but I find this hard to believe.

Thanks. Peter

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
I'd be most grateful. John Lewis says it's only Smsung that offers these boxes and now only with their expensive OLED (or is it QLED) models, but I find this hard to believe.

Unfortunately, they're correct and it's only the more expensive models that have it such as the Q85, Q95, The Frame (Don't be tempted it's just a Q60 with a One-Connect box, a "frame" around it and a massive extra margin)

Last edited:

Hear Here

Unfortunately, they're correct and it's only the more expensive models that have it such as the Q85, Q95, The Frame (Don't be tempted it's just a Q60 with a One-Connect box, a "frame" around it and a massive extra margin)

Thanks Bob. It's really odd that no other brand offers a remote connection box. It's so scruffy when a dozen cables are dangling from a TV and many cables may not be long enough. My One-Connect box is under my hi-fi rack and is neat and out of sight.

I'm not sure the Q85 has a One-Connect although the Q95 certainly has. Even Samsung's website is vague over this! Peter

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom