1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TVs for PAL-I and PAL-BG

Discussion in 'TVs' started by NigelHoughton, Dec 30, 2001.

1. NigelHoughton

NigelHoughton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please, please help me here.

I'm trying to buy a TV that will work with both PAL-I transmissions and PAL-BG transmissions. Ideally, I'd like to go for a Sony model.

It seems that each store based person I ask comes up with a different answer as to what will/won't work. I've been catagorically assured that the Philips 9525 models will do what I want.

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but does anyone know of a Sony TV that will do what I want? If not, any recommendations of a TV that will in the 32" catagory.

Thanks.

2. Aus k

Aus k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nigel
    Loewe Aconda range will do both PAL I and B/G.
    Where (geographically) will you be viewing a B/G signal?
    I have spent the last 3 mths checking for a TV to do this as i will be taking it to Australia.
    The result...... only TV to do both frequencies and allow geometry adjustment for S. hemisphere viewing are the Loewe TV's.
    Sony, Tosh, Phillips, Panny tech support couldn't even give me consistent and useful answers. Loewe techies gave me tons of info.
    New Aconda 9237 is stunning in the 1700 quid range.

3. NigelHoughton

NigelHoughton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for replying.

I'll be in Italy......

The Philips blurb for TVs for Year 2001 shows which sets are multistandard and which standard (funny, seems to have disappeared from the 2002 brochure, was probably too useful). All other blurbs were severely lacking in this department)

Will I need geometery conversion for Italy?

I'll look at the Loewe range although I was really hoping to keep the budget to 1000 quid.

Thanks,

Nigel.

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +899
    Hi

My JVC AV28WFX1 will pick up both PAL I & B/G. Its a european model and they also do a 32 inch version.

It cost under a grand and has the geometry adjustment as well, (Picture Tilt if this is the same thing).

Most modern TV´s over here (Spain) will pick up the different PAL signals as well as Secam etc

Why not wait until you get to Italy and buy one there?

5. Aus k

Aus k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nigel
    You should not require as much geometry adjustment features as i need. i have to deal with the fact that the tv thinks it's "upside down" when used in the S. Hemisphere.
    I also remember the new Tosh "picture Frame" tv's could do PAL B/G.

6. NigelHoughton

NigelHoughton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the tips on the JVC and the "Tosh". I'll read up on them.

I'll look at the prices and availability in Italy to see how they compare with UK.

Thanks again,

Nigel.