Tvs and 360

Jackkk

Novice Member
Getting 360 for xmas and still very confused bout tvs. I want to just get a small tv for my room that will make xbox look as good as possible. So if someone could explain what the numbers are when people talk bout 1080 as simply as possible and tell me price it will be or recomend any tvs id be very grateful. Not bothered bout so not intrested in any large tvs.
Also whats difference between plasma/lcd?

Indiana Jones

Might I recommend a 19" Samsung LCD, that is what I have in my bedroom and it does the job nicely and can handle 720p and 1080i just fine.

Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Thanks for this, would I need anything else any leads?
If you have a Premium then no but if you have a Core then you will need to by the 360 Component Cable.

Steve-L

Novice Member
I'd imagine you'd get quite a bit of motion blur with a 16ms response time... you really want one with 8ms or better...

Praxidike

Banned
There's no component input on that one. I remember looking at that one when I bought mine, ended up going with the 940mw for the component input for the 360.

Indiana Jones

Another :smashin: here for the Samsung 940MW, got mine hooked up to a Helios H4000 upscaling DVD player through DVI and a 360 through component and it gives excellent quality from both.

Indiana Jones

So wont i be able to use 360 with that tv?
Oh you can use a 360 with it, just not using the component cable, will probaley have to buy the VGA cable and get a VGA to DVI adapter but even then it might not work.

Definitely better off getting a 940MW as it has more connections and is the same size, only thing that might put you off is that its silver and not black.

Praxidike

Banned
So wont i be able to use 360 with that tv?
As above, you can still use it with the VGA cable, but the VGA cables on some monitors are a bit hit and miss. My old monitor ran it perfectly, but then I tried it on the 940mw and the VGA is all washed out and hazy, so I'm glad for the component connections as the colours are much more vibrant and not hazy like with VGA. VGA sometimes appears better than component (there certainly seem to be less aliasing), but component seems to provide a more standard level on all TVs, so I'd go with component.

Jackkk

Novice Member
Oh you can use a 360 with it, just not using the component cable, will probaley have to buy the VGA cable and get a VGA to DVI adapter but even then it might not work.

Definitely better off getting a 940MW as it has more connections and is the same size, only thing that might put you off is that its silver and not black.
Ye I was quite keen on the black and the whole thing just looked more trimmed but anythings beter than what ive got now.
Im thinking of getting it off amazon today usually there quite fast for deliveries with me but with it being so close 2 xmas will i still get it time for xmas?

Praxidike

Banned
Well it has component listed (and HDMI too, which the 940mw doesn't have, although that has DVI anyway so an adapter would do for that). Can't see the response time on there though...

Jackkk

Novice Member
Ok if i get the SamsungLE19R71BX and the Microsoft VGA cable will i be able to play my 360 on it?
I wont be plugging anything else into the tv if that makes any difference
Sorry bout taking so long but just wanna get a tv that looks good im my room and has good picture.

Praxidike

Banned
Yes, that would work. But you might get a better picture through component - which that TV doesn't have, but the 940mw does. Sometimes VGA looks better, sometimes component looks better, it all depends on the TV. But on the 940mw, mine at least, component looks a lot better than VGA, the colours are all hazy and washed out in VGA.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...

Latest News

iFi Audio launches iDSD Diablo DAC/Headphone amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy Buds Pro
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra smart phones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Mola Mola debuts Kula integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett