TVOD / TV Guide search problem

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by SteveAWOL, Jan 11, 2012.

1. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,914
    Hi. Recently when I've tried to search for something in TVOD or in the TV Guide on my Scientific Atlanta V+ I've noticed that it is almost impossible to select the 3rd or 4th letter of each number on the remote ("C" "F" "S" etc).

If I push a button once or twice I can get the first or second letter easily enough but if I push a third/forth time the screen will simply come up with the 2nd digit letter followed by first letter :facepalm:

I thought that it might just be my remote playing up or me pushing the button incorrectly but when I'm searching for a show within the iPlayer interface I can select the 3rd and even 4th letter on each key with ease so am wondering if it's the V+ software that might be the cause :rolleyes:

Anyone else having this problem?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  2. iMcC

iMcC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just tried on mine (same box) and its working fine with 3rd and 4th letters.

3. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,914
    Cheers for the reply. I changed over the batteries in the remote control and seems to have solved the problem.

Bit strange that it didn't affect the iPlayer interface, perhaps it's just more energy efficient than the standard Virgin software...