tvlink wont work

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by redeye, Jan 10, 2005.

1. redeye

redeye
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DarkOrange Hi can anybody help me get this tvlink up n running?
    We have connected everything as stated, but the remote control wont work in the other room. Do I need to buy a seperate remote control? The light comes on when I connect the link to the digibox but not on my other tv.

2. wicket

wicket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I know you have to have an unbroken cable between the two. Also you have to switch the power on for the second RF outlet.

3. redeye

redeye
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Wicket. Got it sorted it was a loose tvlink socket, they dont fit tightly on the cable so I taped it on. :thumbsup:

4. james616

james616

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My TVlink is broken. I have managed to to break the part that goes into the back of the second TV. I have been trying to remove this part so I can just buy another one and fit that but I dont know how to remove it from the cable - help please!

On another matter, my SKY+ is being installed (with multiroom) in a couple of weeks and I was wondering if there are any restrictions on the where the second box goes.

I assume that a new cable is run from the dish for the multiroom box? If so I estimate the lenght of cable for the room I want it in will be 25m.

The setup I want is SKY+ in the lounge with TVlink from this into spare room upstairs. Then I want multiroom box in my bedroom.

Thanks

James