TVersity Problem - Data Type Not Supported

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by jwhalley, Sep 19, 2007.

1. jwhalley

jwhalley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi Guys, wondered if you could help me.

Have been trying to get videos streaming from my desktop to PS3 through TVersity.

I have installed the latest version of TVersity, ffdshow, and Matorska Splitter (for mkv files).

For the large part the videos i have work fine, but there are a couple (one and .mkv file and one which i believe is an xvid file but a higher quality version than the rest) which won't play.

Everytime I try to get them to play i get a "Data Type Not Supported" on my PS3.

As mentioned i have the codecs, and the files play on my desktop computer, but dont seem to work through TVersity.

I have noticed that both the files i am trying to run use AC3 audio. Could this be causing the "data type not reported". Any ideas how to rectify this?

Any ideas how i can get them to work?

Cheers

2. reckless

reckless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I'd be interested in an answer to this as well - I can play one file perfectly on my computer, I can also stream it via Nero correctly and yet tversity gives this error. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the codec packs that people here recommend to no avail. Obviously some correct codecs must be in the computer somewhere as otherwise I wouldn't be able to play the file on the computer or through nero. I heard there was a "better" ac3 codec and tried that but, again, no joy.

There are idiots guides around but I am a new improved Mk2 Idiot :rolleyes:

3. Raitzi

Raitzi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +79
    For transcoding you need actual codes not just ffdshow. It would be nice if you could install ffdshow to ps3 for playback :)

4. jwhalley

jwhalley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    ffdshow is a video and audio codec pack. I also got AC3 codec and disabled this option in ffdshow as i heard this can be the problem, but still having the problems with HD avi/mkv files with AC3 sound