• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Tversity for PS3

brankster74

Established Member
When it comes to file types im a bit of a novice but i will try to explain the issue.

Im using tversity to stream 3d films from laptop to ps3 and using 3d projector to view. Have megamind on the laptop and its a mpeg2 file is called .mkv. I can watch this in 3d and it streams perfect. The file is about 6 gig. However i have avatar which is the same file type and 19 gig and this does not play. Screen is just blank. Plays through laptop but obviously i dont get 3d. Tangled is the same. Same file and about 7 gig and refuses to play. Am i missing something? If you need any more info let me know.

Thanks.

themediaman

Established Member
When it comes to file types im a bit of a novice but i will try to explain the issue.

Im using tversity to stream 3d films from laptop to ps3 and using 3d projector to view. Have megamind on the laptop and its a mpeg2 file is called .mkv. I can watch this in 3d and it streams perfect. The file is about 6 gig. However i have avatar which is the same file type and 19 gig and this does not play. Screen is just blank. Plays through laptop but obviously i dont get 3d. Tangled is the same. Same file and about 7 gig and refuses to play. Am i missing something? If you need any more info let me know.

Thanks.

How are you streaming............

If its over a wireless connection, only 720p stuff will play comfortably.......so I dont know how the 3d films work but I would imagine they would follow the same rules...........

I suspect you can also use the program mkv2vob on 3d films too, this will repackage your mkv HD (3d) files into an acceptable format for the PS3, eliminating the need to stream, and if you did choose to stream anyway, processing power would be reduced significantly as there would be no trans coding on the fly..........

brankster74

Established Member
I can play 3d films prefectly via a wireless stream. I tried avatar wired and it still would not play. Yes i uses mkv2vob to change the files. I think the file must be too large(19gig) to stream . Have tversity and have tried ps3 streamer and windows media and they are all the same.

themediaman

Established Member
Changing the files to m2ts is basically using mkv2vob, which you say you do for all your 3D.

The problem may be that you are trying to stream information that is too big for the wireless bandwidth, 3D or not. streaming a 1080p HD mkv/m2ts would be problematic even with the best of the equipment.

For best results, get some wires plugged in..........

Axum

Distinguished Member
True but maybe it does something slightly different, I don't think the post I saw used mkv2vob to do it....

Hmm, "don't play", wouldn't suggest a bandwidth problem necessarily, since he's stated that a 6GB file works fine but a 7GB one doesn't. Obviously the 19GB would never work but you would have though the 7GB would stutter, not just not play at all......you missed :

I tried XXXXX (19GB file) wired and it still would not play.

Edited on purpose as he's discussing naughty things ;)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom