TVDrive Update - Improvement?

almara

Standard Member
Reaction score
Can I sympathise with everyone who underwent the update yesterday - sounds a grim experience. I am a NTL customer and have had TVDrive for two weeks and haven't had to undergo this type of update - yet. What I would like to know is if the update has produced any improvement in performance. In the short time I've had my box I've been plagued with problems with the box freezing and refusing to answer to commands on either the remote or the box itself. After several minutes of freezing it then seems to go crazy and execute all the commands at once. Did yesterday's update improve this for anyone who has been experiencing the same problems?

i have the exact same problem, and the "update" did not improve or indeed update anything!!!:mad:

I don't believe yesterdays 'event' was an update, rather a 'fault'.

After several minutes of freezing it then seems to go crazy and execute all the commands at once. Did yesterday's update improve this for anyone who has been experiencing the same problems?

I get this a lot and is probably my biggest gripe about the box. I assume its a combination of the hardware and software? There are rumours that with the Virgin rebrand expected in the new year the software could be replaced.

saturdays download was an update but for some reason something went wrong and for now the software was rolled back to its original state

Updates have always been middle of the night up to now... :confused:

never early afternoon on a Saturday when the footie is on. There was certainly no planned maintenance on the website.

I heard a rumour it could have been a disgruntled employee.

Almara
We've only had our TV Drive installed for a couple of weeks and have (on only one or two occasions) experienced the "lag" and then "motor on " glitches you describe. It hasn't been a problem to date (thankfully).
Re Saturdays "up-date", I'm sure it was a cock-up rather than an update..........our box was off all afternoon..........so we found other things to do.
Then it came back on and we watched it as before. No discernable difference and no lost data.
However we have been interested by the outrage it has caused to forum users, there does seem to be a lack of proportion here. Is it me or is it only television:lease: ........it will be entertaining( in a reality TV sort of way) reading the details of the first lawsuit sueing Telewest for divorce because someone missed the final of X-Factor (whatever that is...........:devil: )
IMHO with pretty much "new technology" you are bound to get some glitches and should expect same................
This in no way diminishes my disappointment over HD provision.
Miserable old geezer
DH Dove

i heard that the "upgrade" was to knock out the dodgy boxes that are floating around.thats probably why they did it during football

i heard that the "upgrade" was to knock out the dodgy boxes that are floating around.thats probably why they did it during football

I heard that Dr Evil was trying to use the TVDrive's to take over the world, but he hadn't accounted for the crap software so it crashed all of the boxes :smashin:

I heard that Dr Evil was trying to use the TVDrive's to take over the world, but he hadn't accounted for the crap software so it crashed all of the boxes :smashin:

No rupert Murdoch sneaked into TW HQ and pressed the big red button that says " MAKE THEM GET SKY HD" :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom