TVDrive to PC

Herbie

Standard Member
Hi there,

Quick question for you... my parents want me to record a programme on Telewest for them as they don't have cable. Unfortunately, whilst I have a TVDrive, I don't own a video or DVD recorder, so cannot get it directly onto either of these media.

Is it possible to rip the programme once recorded onto my laptop and then burn it onto DVD for them and if so, how?

Cheers

buffalo2102

Novice Member
Herbie said:
Hi there,

Quick question for you... my parents want me to record a programme on Telewest for them as they don't have cable. Unfortunately, whilst I have a TVDrive, I don't own a video or DVD recorder, so cannot get it directly onto either of these media.

Is it possible to rip the programme once recorded onto my laptop and then burn it onto DVD for them and if so, how?

Cheers
Transferring to DVD once it is on your laptop is probably the easy bit - getting it onto your laptop is the hard part. You can't transfer the raw file from the TVDrive to the laptop so you have to transfer the video/audio whilst playing back the recording on the box. Does your laptop have a component/RGB/composite capture card in it?

Herbie

Standard Member
Hmmm, I'm not sure the card in my laptop can do that... Will check when I get home.

Looks like it might be a bit tricky then, I was hoping I might be able to output the recorded programme to PC from the TVDrive....

T0rNaDo

plenty of info on same thread i started a while ago here

dave_bass5

Yeah, very easy but you will need a tv card for your laptop. the USB ones only cost about £25 and from what i have seen they work well.