• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TvDrive Recorded the wrong channel, TW wants to reformat the disk

T

Tudordoc

One wonders how this happens. Tried to turn on the TvDrive tonight and had to reboot twice. Then I found that although I had the TvDrive set to series record for "State Within" on BBC2 I was shocked to find the drive had recorded Monty Don gardening on BBC1 instead. The recording info still listed it as BBC2. IN addition the hard disc was suddenly full of lots of programs that I had previously deleted.

I have spoken to Telewest who say that they will reformat the hard disk and it may take 72 hours!

Up till now I was delighted with my TvDrive. Now not so sure

TudorDoc

T

Tudordoc

Search this forum for my old posts, I've posted on how to do the reformat yourself before.

I found the instructions. I pressed play for five secs and then pressed channel down. The display on the box then does not go to HDD4. It goes to show "quit". IS the box buggered?

I rang Telewest again, but the script from which they are reading says that the reformat has to be done remotely and will be done in 5 day!

TudorDoc

Ernie_C

Established Member
You may have missed a step. Try the following:

Process for formatting the harddrive from the remote controller:

1. Press the Home key;
2. Press Play/Pause key for around 5 seconds until E-00 appears on the display;
3. Press TVDrive button - E-01 appears;
4. Press Channel Down four times until HDD4 appears;
5. The TVDrive will now reformat the drive and re-boot the system.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom