TVDrive record series problem

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by misterjingo, Aug 17, 2006.

1. misterjingo

misterjingo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi all,

for the past month or so I've used the record series feature with no problems. The series I record are startgate 1600-1700 and 1700-1800 on sky one. Two days ago I noticed that only one episode recorded, but it was recorded twice. Not having any problems previously, I didn't think too much of it. Yesterday the same problem occured again.
    Looking into it, it seems the 1700-1800 episode of stargate is being flagged as 1600-1700 episode in the TV Guide when I press record series on it, so this records the 1600-1700 one twice. I've tried rebooting my box a few times and the problem still occurs.
    Is this a probelm with my box or with the tvguide at telewests end? I'm at work atm so can't call them, but I wanted to know where I stand before I do.

2. Nivek TT

Nivek TT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    So is it recording two episodes of Stargate..?

It seems to record all episodes of a series, repeats aswell. I record Lost each week from E4 and it always records Wednesday's and Sunday's episodes, and even recorded series 1 episodes when they were being repeated!

3. misterjingo

misterjingo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9

To record two episodes, I have to use record series on both episodes. It seems the record series uses the time of an episode rather than the series name or other identifying data. Until a few days back, both episodes recorded fine, but now, the 4pm episode is being recorded twice even though I have set it to record both the 4 and 5pm series. Clicking record series on the 5pm episode asks if you wat to record the series, but the time it gives is 4pm (the earlier series) rather than 5pm.

4. meltonboy

meltonboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +577
    This system seems to be a little erratic. I also record lost on E4 as have to remember to delete the sunday showing. I seem to be about 9 episodes behind as well and am losing interest...

But strangely when i was recording 24 on Sky One it only ever recorded the Sunday Night show, not the repeats later in the week.

And it ignores the repeat of Home and Away each day (not for me, honest).

5. misterjingo

misterjingo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I find it strange that it worked fine, and then 2 days ago it just went weird. No messing or changes on my part :\. I've tried recording the episodes manually as single shows today, i'll see if they have recorded after work.

6. ukfatboy

ukfatboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have a very similar problem , have series record set on a daily program and 2/3 days ago each episode appears in recorded programs twice and each recording can be played .

A reboot has not solved issue

7. def

def

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Yep, I have exactly the same issue. Looks like Telewest screwed up yet another update.

I've also noticed that a side effect of this is series-link recordings will go into conflict mode. Eg: you set a series to record, it looks like it works fine and it's the only thing to be recorded at that time. You then find that the show didn't record and all future episodes in the series have the exclamation mark conflict icon on them. Cancel the series, set them for manual record, works fine.

The TVDrive is utter ****e. I guess they never heard of QA or beta testing...

8. misterjingo

misterjingo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Now it seems i'm having problems recording single episodes. Because the record series feature stopped working correctly, I've taken to individually setting record on each episode in the guide. Today it seems only one of the episodes recorded.
    Is it even worth phoning support with this probelm? I have a feeling it won't do much good :\